You're accessing this slice of literary goodness for free because we believe anyone and everyone should be able to access the best in fiction, non-fiction, poetry, and art. And because we don't ask our readers to pay for Guernica, we do—for web hosting, server costs, and the other incidentals necessary to keep Guernica up and running, and, most importantly, open and available to as many people as possible, around the world.
If like us you believe in a widely accessible Guernica, consider supporting the magazine with a tax deductible donation or by subscribing. We'll only be asking for two weeks, three times a year—asking for support from readers like you on your own terms: our all-volunteer staff gives to Guernica out of love, and we extend that friendship to you. If you love Guernica, click to help make sure an ever-growing community can continue to read, react, and participate. Each month, more than 100,000 unique readers visit guernicamag.com—even a small amount, a couple of dollars, from just half of those visitors would sustain us for many, many moons.
Our infinite thanks,
The Guernica Team
Katie Halper: The Week in News
January 9, 2009
- Barack the Magic Negro “Joke” exposes the GOP’s true colors: Conservatives are not, never were, and never will be funny.
- Diane Feinstein prefers pro-torture CIA Drector, but will accept Panetta nomination — if you twist her arm… or waterboard Her.
- Topless Obama: Good news for fans of Obama (and his pecs). Obama says appearing shirtless “goes with this job.” Heeeeello!
- Bush calls his No Child Left Behind Plan a “liberation” [of children from education].
- Arrest of young men who attacked black and latino men and ran over white man they thought was black proves some racists are too dumb to understand how racism works.
Readers like you make Guernica possible. Please show your support.