We are pleased to announce that Guernica is looking for applicants to join its inaugural Fellowship class. The program aims to provide deep training in magazine editing and production, coupled with opportunities to work on a dedicated writing or multimedia project with an editor-mentor. Up to five emerging writers, editors and multimedia journalists will be selected for a six-month fellowship, which will include:
- Opportunities to work across the editorial planning and production cycle of the magazine
- Fact checking and copy editing
- Reading submissions
- Contributing ideas for forthcoming issues
- Assisting with publicity and social media
- Developing at least one piece for publication
- Mentorship from senior staff and training from industry professionals
- A $750 honorarium
Our focus when reviewing applications will be on finding emerging writers, journalists and editors with clear passion for digital publishing and literary reportage, and evident intellectual curiosity.
To submit, please include:
- A cover letter with biographical information, including related experiences, why you want the fellowship, and how it relates to your professional ambitions.
- A 3-5 page writing sample or link to portfolio of multimedia work; both published and unpublished work is fine.
- A pitch for a project you want to work on during the fellowship.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis and will close by October 1.
Guernica values diversity and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds; however, we are only able to consider candidates residing in the greater New York area. For any questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org