When opportunities for fellowships, internships, and staff positions become available, we post them here.
- Photo Editor
Guernica is looking for a photo editor to join its all-volunteer team. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to lead and create an identity around multimedia features, the magazine’s newest section, shaping the editorial vision for photographic and other multimedia content.
The successful candidate will have latitude in defining the specifics of his/her role, but general duties include the following:
- working closely with the magazine’s leadership to develop a guiding editorial strategy for the section
- securing one to two photographic or multimedia features per month
- collaborating with editors across the publication to realize timely content and projects
- cultivating a body of possible contributors
- helping grow interest and engagement in Guernica’s visual content through social media and special events
- managing unsolicited submissions
- helping supervise editorial assistants and fellows
Guernica values diversity and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds; however, we are only able to consider candidates residing in the greater New York area.
Guernica is a close and collaborative community, and in addition to editorial talent we look for kindness, flexibility, curiosity, a sense of humor, and a willingness to occasionally chip in across the magazine.
To apply, please send a cover letter, CV, and links to relevant work that you have produced or edited to email@example.com. Please note “Photo editor – NAME” in the subject line.